Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DNA of the Church: Do Justice

Reading: Micah 6:1-13; Luke 4:14-21

Ah, Glenn Beck.  Normally I'm content in my sermons to avoid naming names, but when a popular media figure leaves the realm of his own crackpot theories and becomes an armchair theologian, it gets personal.  I had always intended to focus on social justice as part of my DNA of the Church series, so it honestly is a coincidence that I preached on the topic the week after Glenn Beck encouraged people to leave churches that take social justice seriously.  He has since backpedaled a bit, which in my mind only bolsters my assumption that the man is simply making stuff up.  Must be nice to get paid to do that.

Click here to view a manuscript of this sermon.

Preached on March 14, 2010 at PLWC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, timely sermon!